Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme : The Chief Minister of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma recently launched the Swanirbhar Nari Scheme in the State. This scheme is especially for the women weavers of the state. Through the Directorate of Handloom & Textiles, the Assam government is implementing this Flagship scheme for the women weavers in Assam.
This article is dedicated to providing you with detailed information on the Assam Swanirbhar Naari yojana. What is this scheme all about? Who is eligible and who is not, Benefits & processes to take advantage of this Sarkari Yojana in Assam are covered in this article.
Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme 2022
The word “Swanirbhar” is a Hindi word which means Self Dependent. This new scheme is an effort by the state government to empower women weavers.
The Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme was introduced on July 19, 2022. During the launch of the plan, the CM of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma, prioritized the handloom sector, particularly for indigenous weavers. This scheme will assist these individuals to expand their businesses and support their families financially.
It has been stated that there will be an online website that will enable them to sell their goods on an internet basis with no intermediaries so that they can get the full benefits. This scheme comes under the department of handloom textiles and sericulture to conserve the state’s cultural heritage and promote people who have inherited this skill from their ancestors.
Swanirbhar Naari Scheme 2022 Overview
|Scheme Name||Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme|
|launched by||CM of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Beneficiaries||Women of Assam state|
|Starting Date of the|
Swanirbhar Naari Scheme Benefits
This scheme is an initiative of the handloom and textiles department, so its benefits are also very rich, such as
- This scheme will financially help the indigenous weavers.
- There will be an online portal so that the government can sell handloom products there.
- There will be no intermediary or middleman in the business of the beneficiaries. So that means the weavers will get an assured income.
- Since the Handloom and Textile Department is in charge of this program, it is likely that they will also assist weavers in other ways by equipping them with advanced technologies.
- This scheme covers around 31 hand-woman items belonging to various other communities in the state.
- This plan will connect the people who weave and the people who buy.
- Under this scheme after the products are bought, the government will sell them both inside and outside of the state.
Eligibility Criteria for Swanirbhar Nari Scheme
- Only women are eligible
- The applicant should be a registered weaver and must hold a yarn passbook
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Assam
It is totally up to the weavers if they want to participate in the program or not.
- Id or Aadhar proof of the applicant.
- Proof that will ensure that the applicant is a resident of this state, Assam.
Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme Registration Process
Candidates who qualify can apply for registration on the Swarnirbhar Naari portal by following the detailed instructions provided below.
- To apply for the scheme, you must click Register on the home page of the website.
- After clicking “Register,” a new registration form will appear before you.
- You must provide your name, another number, voter ID, mobile phone number, email address, father’s name, date of birth, gender, caste, and zip code.
- Then you must choose whether you have a physical disability by clicking the radio button YES OR NO.
- Then you must select the annual income.
- Select the address specifics, such as district, an assembly constituency, development block, panchayat, and village, after that.
- If you select the municipality option, then you have to select only the ward name.
- If your village is not included in the address, you can also click “Add Village” and then manually enter it.
- Then you must check your yarn passbook for specifics.
- Then, you must select your username and password.
- Then you must choose yes or no if you wish to sell your handloom products under this program.
- Then click the “register” button.
- You will see confirmation that you have successfully registered.
- First, qualified candidates must visit the Swarnirbhar Naari website.
- To apply for the scheme, you must click Login on the home page of the website.
- The login page will be open in front of you.
- There you have to enter your username and password and choose your role then fill in the captcha code.
- Then press “sign in”.
- You will be successfully signed in to the portal
How to Sell Products to the government on the SwaNirbhar Naari Assam portal
To start selling your products, follow these steps:
- Login to the website using your username and password
- Then click on the “Add Product” option
- Now add all your products in this way
- Then to sell your products to the government, Go to the “Procurement” option and follow the steps
Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme FAQs
How are beneficiaries identified in this scheme?
All women weavers who are registered with the department and have Yarn account are eligible. In order to take benefit of the scheme, applicants need to register online.
How will the beneficiaries get money?
Under this scheme, the money will be transferred directly to the bank accounts.
What is the motive of Assam government’s Swa Nirbhar Naari Scheme?
The scheme is launched with the motive of providing good rates for the products created by women weavers.